Sunday 27 December 2015


Merry Christmas!

Hope you had a magical day and that Santa was good to everyone.
The drive today was pretty incredible – we saw a bald eagle, deer and had a healthy looking coyote running alongside our van in the farmer’s fields.
I love the wide open spaces – the feel of the sun on my face – the crisp white snow – the big sky and its amazing colors – I can’t see where things begin or where they end.
The snow is marked with fresh snowmobile tracks – the air is crisp and clear and it makes me feel so alive.
As we chased trains the temperature continued to drop to minus 25.
We crossed the geographical center of America – thank you North Dakota – I enjoyed my visit.
I asked Bill to take some notes while I drove for today’s blog – I was curious to know what he was seeing so I asked him and he answered “a whole lot of nothing is good when you are not looking for something.”  I thought that was pretty good, so I asked him to write down a few more things he saw and when I checked my book later that evening he had written 2 more things – messy hair & stinky pits – so much for deep thought, but at least it got me to a truck stop for a hot shower!
Thank you to Nancy & Steve for our homemade meat pie for Christmas dinner – it was delicious.   Thank you mom R for the shortbread that was in Steph’s Christmas parcel – I am sure she won’t notice the few missing!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment