Tuesday 26 January 2016


January 23, 2016

Saying Good Bye is never easy –
We loved every minute of our 3 plus weeks with Steph, Lou, Payton and Ethan.  There was never going to be an easy time to leave – Bill and I had discussed a departure date a few times and we just both felt the same way – that we were having such a great time and enjoying so much the magical/fun stage that the kids are at -  and we both realized that the next time we see them this stage will probably be over – not to say the next stage won’t be great also, but what if the next time I see Ethan he doesn’t believe that Auntie Debbie has a magical healing kiss – that he tries to only ask for when he is really hurt….or that Uncle Billy can make anything happen and gives the best good night super tucks ever! 

I guess the most important part is that we have made these memories and we will all have them imprinted in our hearts.
I want to thank Princess Payton and E-Man for helping me find my inner child again – to let loose and be silly and to entertain my creative side and dig into my adult imagination – that still knows how to make believe..

Thank you for:
The free dances & video making, Teds super surprise box seats for Ethan’s first NHL game, for the  artwork that we can’t wait to hang in our house, tickle fights, endless giggles, notes left under our door, coupons for free hugs and kisses that I am using for bookmarks, our fun ski time together, the crazy wave pool & for making me go down the big slide, for the endless parties – even though mom had some explaining to do when questioned by Ethan’s Daycare provider about what was going on at her house, my nightly reading homework time with Payton and finding out I need to brush up on time tables, for teaching Uncle Billy how to play the songs you are learning in piano – even though you didn’t like his flair, for baking with Uncle Billy, for letting us pick you up from school and day-care, for our family movie nights with cuddles and the communal popcorn and chip  bags which are probably  the cause for all of our germ spreading.

I will really miss the nightly super tucks, but if I close my eyes and think about you guys I have lots of fun things to remember… I hope that I have been successful in becoming the kind of Auntie – my Auntie’s were to me and that you will always know how much you are loved.  
As we were walking out the door Payton yelled “one more jam!”  in honor of our favorite group Walk  off the Earth.  I flicked the light switch on & off, Bill played his yogurt container, Steph her plastic muffin container, Ethan banged together 2 empty water jugs and Lou banged the cupboard door open and close and drummed on the counter.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Deb.l think you had as much fun as the children did.So special for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true. Memories are all we have st the end. The memories that you made with the family will last a lifetime

    ReplyDelete