Sunday 6 March 2016


Meeting your neighbours is always fun at campgrounds – 
We met our first neighbour James from Alaska and his big dog Rufus – who loved to play ball with Bill and enjoyed sitting right next to Bill as he did his morning stretches on his mat–some mornings when we woke up Rufus was right at our trailer door – tail wagging –
Our other neighbour was a bit of a story teller and had lots to tell as he was in the entertainment business for 40 some years – his childhood was spent in Detroit and then he moved to California where he became High School friends with Kenny Loggins.  He pursued his dream of becoming a teacher, but left his teaching career in his early 20’s to go on the road with Kenny and become his Manager – He also managed Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac and he just finished working on the music for the movie Point Break which he says “bad movie, bad music” very humble man.
He also worked for David Letterman right up until he retired – His job was to organize and catalogue recordings of all the musical guests that appeared on Late Night with David Letterman -   We stood around for quite some time listening to his great stories.  He finished off by saying “yes, I have lots of great stories, but sometimes I wish I would have stuck with my teaching career as some of my students still keep in touch with me and invite me out for dinner and I like that I have had an influence on their life.  Maybe I could have influenced more young people had I stuck with it!”
I thought he was pretty cool….and I could see why his students didn't forget him...

No comments:

Post a Comment