Sunday 14 February 2016


Did I ever tell you how much I hate military showers at .25cents per minute….
I gathered up some clean clothes and headed for the shower station – I somehow managed to lose my razor and brush on the way-ugh-I guess better that than the bar of soap.
So you know the routine – strip down naked -shaking from the cold – set everything out within quick reach – rinse- lather up – repeat rinse – Bill figures it should take .50-.75 cents – what he doesn’t know is that I have an entire roll of quarters with me – when the water finally turns hot – I start contemplating putting more quarters into the slot to really enjoy this hot shower, or save the money for tomorrow mornings Venti Starbucks – but for some unknown reason the hot water keeps running and I know I am well over my 2-3 minutes of quarters that I fed into the machine.  I hear Bill’s shower end and I wonder what is going on – it was around that time that I noticed a towel hanging on the door of that stall I had chosen – do you think I am enjoying someone else’s hot/paid shower?  Then I started feeling guilty about using any more of California’s water – so I take a deep breath and shut it down!
I slowly opened the door and peek outside into the dark – with my hair standing straight on end –  the coast seems clear – so I make a beeline in the dark to the van in my flannel PJs– I guess I will never know if I stole someone’s pre-paid shower, but I do know it was the perfect ending to my day – now if only my sheets were clean….
PS whoever said Smartwool socks never smell didn’t wear them long enough

 

2 comments:

  1. Only you could make a not so great experience sound perfect!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds more like a car wash than a body wash. Enjoy the hot water while you can.

    ReplyDelete