Wednesday 10 February 2016

February 8, 2016
I feel like I have been dropped off in the middle of a fairy tale forest; although I am not feeling very princess like, having not showered in 4 days!
We hiked the Hatton/Hiouchi Trail and we feel the hike was a cross between being in Temagami’s old growth forest (only think steroids) and with the lushness of Maui.

The hike was just the right amount of strenuous – enough that you felt the burn – but still enjoyable.
I found it interesting how much the temperature rose and fell.  At times you could feel the cool air against your face and the next minute you would hit a hot spot – and the air would feel heavy.

I love the smell of the Redwoods – it is hard to put your head back far enough to catch a glimpse of the tree tops.
It is easy to loose time when you get into a good hike rhythm and hear the snapping of the fallen branches under your feet.  It is so quiet and still on the trail – no birds or animals stirring.

We made it down to the river and it was amazing how green and crystal clear the water is.


We decided February is the perfect time to be in California – no bugs – no crowds and it is just the right temperature.
Bill started the day with a good surf session and ended the day with a good sunset surf session!

I know how I am ending my day – I have a roll full of quarters for the shower and it might just take the entire roll to get me clean!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there princess. I hope you have yourself cleaned up. What great!! pictures. I feel like I am walking with you. Not the surfing with Bill. Lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, hope you had enough quarters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what great pictures.Nice writing Deb.Keep things coming..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEu98fqWUow&feature=share

    ReplyDelete